Do you have a great cozy mystery story inside you waiting to come out?
We get it—all the writers we work with share the same dream of publishing too. But sometimes, life gets in the way, and it prevents you from either finishing or starting the writing process of your cozy mystery novel. That’s where a great ghostwriter can come in and help you.
What does a cozy mystery ghostwriter do?
Put quite simply, a fiction ghostwriter writes either your full novel or portions of your novel if you don’t have the time, knowledge, or desire to write it yourself. This should be considered an investment in your future as a cozy mystery author; however, our pricing structure is lower than most major ghostwriting firms charge.
To give you some insight into how this process works at our company, this is what our workflow looks like:
- We consult with you to find out what kind of story you want written, how far you’ve gotten in the process, and what kind of support you need from us.
- Once we figure out how much support you’ll need, we’ll give you a price quote. However, you are under no obligation to hire us if our quote is not within your budget constraints. (We can make adjustments on price by extending the original deadline for the project.)
- We’ll both sign the contract and begin the work once your first payment is made.
- If you’ve already written your outline, we’ll look over it to ensure it meets the cozy mystery conventions and give you some suggestions for minor changes in your story’s timeline.
- If you haven’t yet written the outline, we’re happy to help you with that. We can work with you if you have a basic idea for a story or if you don’t have the idea for the story yet. We’ve worked on dozens of mystery stories in our time as ghostwriters, and we love helping authors develop their novels.
- If we’re writing/editing the outline, we’ll send it to you for final approval. Since this is your story, we want you to have full freedom to adjust anything you don’t like.
- Once each chapter is completed, we’ll send it to you for your review. It is critical to speak up at this point if you see anything major you don’t like because it could affect the entire story. We also highly encourage you to make comments on each file we send you to lighten the load of reviewing once the full manuscript is done.
- Once the entire novel is completed and you’ve given your notes for revision, one of our editing team members will proofread the manuscript before we send you the full final draft.
- Once this project is complete, you’ll have an option to hire us to write the next novel in the series at a discounted price.
We are cozy mystery authors, book editors, and ghostwriters who have a true passion for the mystery and thriller genres. In our work in the publishing industry, we’ve had a solid education on the rules and conventions that a typical cozy mystery novel adheres to, and we use this knowledge regularly to help aspiring cozy mystery authors like yourself.
With award-winning editors and best-selling ghostwriters on staff, we take every measure possible to ensure your full satisfaction with the final product you receive.
You’ll receive a fully detailed outline of every scene in your cozy mystery novel with notes and resources wherever necessary. You’ll have an opportunity to receive two rounds of revisions based on your feedback once you see the final outline.
$600 per novel not to exceed 70,000 words
If you provide a detailed outline, we’ll execute the story for you. This will include a fully written story based on your specifications, delivered chapter by chapter. You’ll have an opportunity to receive one round of revisions based on your feedback once you have the final draft. Each manuscript we deliver will also be proofread by one of our staff members.
Starts at .05/word
Outline + Writing
You’ll receive a detailed outline and a fully written novel based on your specifications, delivered chapter by chapter. You’ll have an opportunity to receive one round of revisions based on your feedback once you have the final draft. Each manuscript we deliver will also be proofread by one of our staff members.
Starts at .06/word